-
August 29th, 2005, 12:06 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Today's Game was great - Yanks won 10-3
The Uniform is really nice - The quality is great and it is SOOOOOO Cute - DD and my Niece both Love them. Looking foward to next years promotion.
After teh game we went to Modells and got Jerseys for the girls that match the dolls- Derek Jeter for my little bambino
-
August 29th, 2005, 12:48 AM
#2
Inactive Member
We enjoyed the game too! We got there around 11:15 and happened to be at the right entrance to see Monument Park, so we were very excited. It was my three cousins' first Yankees game, and my first time to monument park. We also met up with Audrey (adri-adri) and her dad which was fun.
The uniform is great--I like it much better than last year's. It's a much softer jersey material. It came with a coupon for a free gift at AGP with a purchase over $30...guess I'll have to find out what that is. [img]wink.gif[/img] As usual, they had about 8 girls from the American Girls Revue sing the national anthem.
For those of you who follow baseball, it was a great game not only because they won, but because Jason Giambi got both his 1,000th RBI (run batted in) and 1,500th hit on two separate home runs. Very exciting for us in the stands!
-
August 29th, 2005, 02:46 AM
#3
Inactive Member
The New York TV coverage of the Yankees game mentioned the American Girl doll giveaway and they actually showed a woman in the stands with Marisol dressed in that night's giveaway Yankee uniform!
I already have two of the outfits coming in the mail as I won them on Ebay last week. I can't wait to see them.
I wonder which LA team will feature AG giveaway outfits starting next year. It is a cinch that they will have an LA team do this since the giveaways are in towns that have an AG Place (with the exception of Cincinnati - Kit's team). I hope it is the LA Dodgers and not the Angels.
-
August 29th, 2005, 10:29 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I would think the Dodgers would be the one to get the Uniform.
I would love to see a white sox uniform
People on E-Bay sell them on the future pickup of the Uniform. They had a lot left over and I know the workers were very tough about not giving out extra, but I have a feeling some of them will be taking them home to sell.
-
August 29th, 2005, 02:08 PM
#5
AmericanGirlLover2982
Guest
I wish I could have gone. I wanted one so bad. I got the uniform 2 years in a row. The jacket and the home uniform last year.
-
August 29th, 2005, 02:34 PM
#6
Evette
Guest
Hey!!! That is right, when AGPLA comes we will probably get give-aways too. I do not particularly care for baseball, but DD & I will be at the games for the give-away!!
[img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] AGPLA....AGPLA...AGPLA....Hip Hip Hooray!!! [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
-
August 29th, 2005, 03:11 PM
#7
Inactive Member
I wonder how some of those outfits slipped onto ebay last week? [img]wink.gif[/img] You'll love the outfits, they're great!
I think whichever team has a cult following, so to speak, will get the LA outfits. I know nothing about LA baseball, though...are the Dodgers much more popular than the Angels, or vice versa? I know the Yankees have a much bigger fan base than the Mets, and I'm pretty sure the same goes for the Cubs and White Sox, but I could be wrong.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 29, 2005 12:27 AM: Message edited by: AG*dancer* ]</font>
-
August 30th, 2005, 12:35 AM
#8
Inactive Member
For those who got the uniform, how the heck do you keep the hat on the doll? We have AGOT 21, and her hair is so curly that it displaces the cap. I've tried sitting it on top, pushing a pony tail through the back - nothing. I'm going to AGPNY tomorrow to pick out DD's birthday present, and I have half a mind to bring it to the doll hair salon for attachment!
-
August 30th, 2005, 01:16 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Well, here's a word of caution about the hat: it doesn't stay on so be VERY aware of it! I managed to keep track of mine throughout the whole game (on Marisol's head) and when I stood up at the end and looked down, it was gone. And we looked EVERYWHERE. Luckily, a very generous Yankee Stadium employee was able to find me another one. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I would try bobby pinning or clipping the hat onto the doll's hair, because I'll no longer trust it with nothing! [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
August 30th, 2005, 01:19 AM
#10
Inactive Member
AGDancer, your icon is adorable [img]smile.gif[/img] !!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks